PB Protien Cookies

I love cookies and I love peanut butter so it's only natural that I combine them, then add in some additional protien! 

For years I was scared to bake anything from scratch, I loved eating it just not making it. I was so intimidated by adding baking powder or baking soda, activating dry yeast the right way, or did I have the right tools to use (I'd give an arm for a lime green Kitchenaid Stand mixer). 

Ok back to the cookies, I love a good PB cookie and I've been experimenting with a recipes I concocted. Some were failures, some were just bleh, some didn't puff up, some burned up! But these came out perfect! 


I know I know PB already has a good deal of protien in it but I wanted a minimally processed snack that could replace my store bought snacks; and help me get over the 10:30 and 3:30 slump. Don't get me wrong the Fiber One brownies and cookies are tasty, but they only have about 1g of protien. When I eat them it's like eating tasty air, they don't quench NOTTA NER bit of hunger. 

So here's how I made them: 

Ingredients 

1 cup Creamy Natural Peanut Butter      
1 egg 
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (25 grams of protein)      
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 cup of sweetener (I used light brown sugar) 
1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract 
Chocolate covered cranberries for decoration 

Instructions 

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all dry ingredients (baking soda, protein powder, and brown suga'). 
2. Beat egg 
3. Add in beaten egg, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. 
4. Stir until smooth about 3 minutes. 
5. Scoop into 1 inch portins on your baking sheet. 
6. Place in preheated oven and cook for 8-10 minutes or when cookies begin to brown. 
7. While still hot I put chocolate covered cranberries on them just to add some flair and a little chocolate. But you can add what ever you'd like or leave it out. Totally up to you! 
8. Let cool about 10 minutes. This step is important! If you try to mess with them to early they'll fall apart and be mush. You have to let them cool and harden up a bit! 


Enjoy your new mid day homemade protien snacks!! 

Stay hungry my friends...

Ray B. 



No comments