Easy Pesto in a Presto



A lot of folks I meet are scared of pesto, between the green goop and complexity of its flavors I can see why. In fact I was one of those folks...

It wasn't until about my 10th trip to Bonefish (the best bread on the planet) did I finally say "hey, I can make this".  So I looked up all these recipes which all called for pine nuts. I had no idea what a pine nut was and honestly I still don't. I'm guessing something to do with a pine tree **Kanye Shrug**. Then I saw the price of a baby bag of pine nuts, the recipes only called for a tablespoon or so. I thought $7 for a teeny bag of nuts was crazy... I still do which is why I developed a recipe without them and it takes about 10 minutes start to finish. AND you can store it for later use!! 

You can cook all fancy in a snap!! 

Ingredients: 

3 cups fresh basil (don't smush them just to make it fit!)
1/4 cup Olive Oil 
3 garlic cloves 
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese 
1 tablespoon lemon juice 
Salt and pepper to taste 

Directions: 

1. Place all ingredients in a food processor. 

(I got a small one for about $20 or less and it works just fine if your budget friendly like me!)

2. Blend until smooth. Basil will likely remained slightly chopped. You don't want to make soup! 

3. Spread on bread, cook with chicken or pasta, or place in air tight container and refrigerate it! Lasts a few weeks... 

I used this recipe for my White Chicken Pizza! 

Stay hungry my friends...

Ray B. 

No comments