Clean Breakfast Bars

A Few Hungry Girls



Since I've been on a clean diet with my 21 Detox I haven't been eating any refined sugars or chocolate :(. Last night I was CRAVING something sweet in the most vicious way, so I came up with these tasty cookies! I wanted to bake something with ingredients that I already had and that would be easy and take less than 30 minutes to make!

These cookies are thick, crunchy a tad on the outside, chewy on the inside, and all around a great flavor. I really don't like bananas plain, I don't even like the smell of them but I've found when mixed with other ingredients that nana flavor is quite mild. Instead of adding the obvious choice of chocolate chips for this recipe I went with apples (Sweetango), then added chia seeds for moisture and more fiber! The only spices I added were apple pie spice and ginger, then a lil almond milk for moisture.

You can actually make just these cookies with just banana and oats, but add ins are always a little more fun! A lot of people use the food processor to break down their oats, but I like whole oats and I think it was a lot easier to use and less time consuming!

Here's how I made them:



Ingredients: 

1 Banana
3/4 cup of instant oats

Add ins 
1/2 of an apple
1 teaspoon apple pie spice
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon almond milk
1 scoop vanilla protein powder

Directions: 

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Place 1/2 cup of instant oats (save the other 1/4 for later) and banana in medium mixing bowl.
2. Begin to mash banana and oats until they are fully incorporated, then add in all seasonings and protein powder begin mixing again until a soft gooey dough forms.
3. Add in apples and last 1/4 cup of oats, stir.
4. Scoop into balls or which ever shape you like best and place on non greased cooking sheet.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until brown or the firmness you like. I like mine a litter softer so I took them out at about 9 minutes.
6. Let cool, either eat them or place them in an air tight container!
These cookies won't last long in fact, I only have 1 left at home! They are great for a grab and go meal and can be dunked in your coffee or tea! From start to finish it took me under 30 minutes to make. I hope you love these bars as much as I did, let me know what add ins your decided to use!

Stay hungry my friends...

Ray B.

No comments