There are some good Pre-Workouts left in the world!

** Disclaimer... I am NOT a six pack having, keto counting, bulky kinda girl, which is why this is perfect for me lol***


A few weeks ago I attended this great event put on by Cincy Chic, it was the Baseball and Baubles event, while there I won an awesome gift bag with a super cool shaker bottle and a few AdvoCare products I’d  never tried before. The product I was most interested in was the Spark energy pack!! Typically I don’t take anything before I work out and I’ll admit I pay for it, I mean for real it takes a good 15 minutes to get my head in the game lol. Also, in the past I’d taken a pre-workout supplement and it was TURRIBLE (in my Charles Barkley voice), not just taste but the way it affected my body. I seriously thought I was having a heart attack, I can honestly say I was scared! A few of the symptoms included severe dizziness, rapid heart rate, confusion, and crazy nauseous.

(Pre-workout, hair on fleek, still cute)

Spark was completely different! I purposely chose to take it on a day when I was tired as hell and didn’t feel like working out, basically I set my self for a potential work out fail! I poured the whole packed in a regular 16.9 FL oz. water bottle shook it and drank some prior to my workout, about 15 minutes ahead. First thing I noticed was it actually tasted good, I’m huge on “if it doesn’t taste good, don’t eat it!”


Bottom line I did love it! I drank it as I did my usual 5 miles on the bike to warm up and I demolished my time by almost 6 minutes, as I moved to abs and the rest of my workout I didn’t get that groggy feeling! So would I recommend it…heck yea!  Best of all after my workout I didn’t crash, I actually cooked dinner and folded clothes, you know adult stuff.

(Post workout, looking slightly a mess, but still full energy!)

You can click here to head to Tara’s site, she is the one who put the gift set together and who sells all the AdvoCare products!! I love this stuff… I heard fruit punch is a crowd pleaser but, personally I liked the pink lemonade!! I just saw they have a limited time flavor of AdvoBar…it’s PEACH, I need parts!!

Also, make sure you check out Cincy Chic’s event calendar for more awesome events they have! 

Stay hungry my friends...

Ray B. 

3 comments

  1. Sorry it took me so long to write back!! I've honestly never heard of any of those, there is a little bit of trial and error when it comes to pre-workouts because it's different for everybody! Typically now I only use Creatine once a day (and it taste pretty good too)! Check out this article on creatine: http://www.menshealth.com/health/creatine-side-effects-what-it-what-it-does

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it took me so long to write back!! I've honestly never heard of any of those, there is a little bit of trial and error when it comes to pre-workouts because it's different for everybody! Typically now I only use Creatine once a day (and it taste pretty good too)! Check out this article on creatine: http://www.menshealth.com/health/creatine-side-effects-what-it-what-it-does

    ReplyDelete