Honey Siracha Baked Wings

Super Bowl 50 is quickly approaching, in fact it's only 3 days away! If you were wondering I love Manning and as much as I'd love to see him go out with a win, Cam Newton and the Panthers are unstoppable. I've digressed, I won't spit out any nerdy NFL stats on y'all today. 
I created this recipe about a week ago (cue Schmoney Dance) because I wanted a healthier alternative to frying chicken on game day and risk my house and hair smelling like it, petty I know. If you know me, then you know I absolutely love chicken wings now add in honey, garlic, and Siracha.




They were super easy to make and easily can be done start to finish in 30 minutes. If you don't like your wings too spicy add less Siracha and if you like them spicy add more to your mix. Pretty simple right? When I made these the first time I completely over did it with the Siracha, but instead of complain about it I just dipped them into a tad bit of fat free Hidden Valley Ranch. Don't judge my sensitive palate please! 
Here's how I made them: 

 Ingredients:
1-2 pounds of Chicken Wings
1/4 cup BBQ Sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's)
2 Tablespoons Honey
1 Tablespoon Siracha
2 Teaspoons Fresh Minced Garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a bake sheet with foil and evenly space chicken wings on sheet, about 1-2 inches apart.
2. Combine BBQ sauce, Siracha, honey, and garlic, mix until well blended.
3. Use a brush to apply sauce to wings, don't over brush because you will rub the sauce off. One or two times of application will be enough.
4. Place wings in oven.
5. MOST IMPORTANT STEP: You'll want to reapply another layer of sauce every 3-5 minutes to get a nice coating. Brush sauce on gently so that you don't rub the previous layer off. I applied about 3 times.
6. The last 1-2 minutes turn over to broil on high, watch wings carefully as they begin to crisp. Once a rich reddish color and crispy remove wings and allow to cool 5-8 minutes.
I know this will be a fan favorite this Sunday and really any day of the week! Hope you'll enjoy these as much as I did!

Stay hungry my friends...

Ray B.

No comments