Baby girl, just be you.

(Photo Cred: Josh Kelly)
As I was perusing my IG feed the other day I was completely taken aback by the ongoing lack of size diversity I saw.  I get it major fashion corporations, skinny is in ::major side eye::. But for the rest of us women who are normal we prefer to see us.

What I mean by that is I absolutely love seeing the Ashley Grahams of the world KILL IT. I mean confidence on 10, clothes on point, face beat for the gawds.

I. LOVE. IT. 

I was referred to as plus size a few weeks back and it hurt not one feeling in my body or soul as it pertains to me. It hurt every bit of me when I think about young girls who are getting labeled as plus size before they even know what that means. I'm so sick of this body dysmorphic behavior society is encouraging.

If you're skinny, be skinny, and be proud. I get it. You've been skinny your whole life and all people do is shame you for being skinny. Baby girl, I know you eat, and you probably love every moment of it.

If you're a size 6, rock that 6 girl. Slim thick or nahhh, you're beautiful.


If you're a 10, 14, 22. Be curvaceous. Be happy. Be free!

I'm a size 8, a very VERY athletic size 8. I'm thick as hell. I call this my grown woman weight and I don't want to lose it.

What I do still need to focus on is still remaining healthy and putting good things in my body (pause lol). I gave up red meat in high school because it made me feel awful. I'm not giving up bacon anytime soon, so just dead that now. No matter what size you are, you need to eat good foods most of the time.

Y'all know my affinity for pizza.         

It try to combine 80% good eating 20% YOLO. Those numbers are flexible depending on my mood, if someone just tried my last nerve, or I feel the whole 'treat yo self' thing. Staying active is also important. I don't make it to the gym nearly as much as I liked because adulting is hard and I need my sleep (I'm not Kevin Gates, I get tired.). Because of this I try to stay active, I park far and walk, I take the stairs, I park my car on a far away side street downtown and walk everywhere.

Smalls wins, add up to big victories.

My small wins include:
- still fitting into clothes I thought were too small
- being fit thick and proud
- being able to control my need for sweets (I'm cutting back to 2 days x week)
- not caring when people food shame me (ie bacon)

What are your small wins?

Love you guys!

Stay hungry my friends...

Young Ray

1 comment

  1. I didn't know how much I needed this post until now. So, thank you <3

    ReplyDelete