Almond Butter Cups

I absolutely love Reese Cups, but they are highly processed and likely not made out of 'real' peanut butter (this is purely my opinion with no credible facts to this), nonetheless they are awesome! I made my own peanut butter a few months ago and it was great, I wasn't able to make it creamy like the PB you purchase at the store but it was very good with some jam and on biscuits.

So this weekend I figured I'd try to make almond butter and see if it was the same or similar process as with peanuts! Also, as my palette matured I am now able to eat and enjoy dark chocolate. Please don't say that dark chocolate is 'healthy' it's still chocolate guys! On the good side dark chocolate does contain antioxidants that help fight free radicals, it is also a much deeper and rich flavor so you are able to eat less! But once you taste these almond butter cups you may need to eat more than a few!!




Ingredients: 
3/4 cup of almonds
1 tablespoon agave nectar (or any sweetener you prefer)
1 teaspoon olive oil 
3 bars dark chocolate
muffin cups 
muffin tin 
food processor 
I made about 12-13 cups
Directions: 
1. place all ingredients EXCEPT chocolate into food processor (again, I got mine really cheap $10-$15 and it works just fine for this recipe!) 
2. the almond butter mixture will go through several stages before it becomes 'peanut butter'. 
   a. first the mixture will just turn into dust or course flour
   b. second the mixture will clump into balls of almond 
   c. third the mixture will begin to settle and become more condensed
   d. once the mixture turns into one or two balls of butter remove 
3. while your almond butter is processing you can microwave your chocolate. I stirred every 30 seconds. Even if there were large pieces not melted once you stir it they should melt
4. once all ingredients are completed now its time to assemble 
5. add 1-2 tablepsoons chocolate to each muffin cup inside of a muffin tin. Take almond butter and form into a ball then flatter gently and add on top of the melted chocolate. 

6. place enough chocolate on top of the almond butter that was flattened. I did this with all my bars. 

7. place in freezer or refrigerator to cool about 10-15 minutes then remove and store for up to 1 week. 

Please, please, please try this! This recipe is not only easy but extremely tasty, even great as a present for folks come Christmas time. 


Stay hungry my friends...

Ray B.

No comments