Pumpkin Spice Chia Bread

A Few Hungry Girls





If you read my post from a few weeks ago called "Cha Cha Cha Chia Seeds" I promised a few recipes with chia seeds and finally I delivered! Please excuse the subpar pics, I didn't have my good camera charged and I promised a few people I'd have the recipe up tonight! 
I've been wanting to make a pumpkin bread this month and I needed to incorporate chia seeds into a recipe. I did some research and found that you can actually use chia seeds to swap several ingredients in food! These food swaps include: oil, eggs, and thickeners for smoothies and shakes! In this recipe I swapped out oil for chia seeds.


INGREDIENTS 
1 1/4 sweetener (sugar, stevia, coconut sugar or whatever you like) 
2 teaspoons cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice 
2 1/3 cups pancake/waffle mix (like Bisquit)
1 cup canned pumpkin 
1/4 cup chia seeds

DIRECTIONS 

*preheat oven to 350 degrees*

1. Mix all dry ingredients, pancake/waffle mix, cinnamon spice, sweetener. 

2. Add in pumpkin and chia seeds. Mix all together! 

3. Let all mixed ingredients sit for about 5 minutes to allow the chia seeds gel to release. 

4. Mix one last time before you pour into a loaf pan. Make sure you grease the pan before adding in batter. 

5. Bake for 40-50 minutes until bread is golden brown or a knife comes out clean!

Allow to cool about 10 minutes then use a butter knife to seperate the edges and remove bread from pan and slice!! 

This recipe was pretty easy and the Bisquik mixe really cut down on prep time!! I was somewhat leery of using chia seeds instead of oil but there was no difference in moisture in the bread nor was it crunchy or hard in the baked product. I loved this pumpkin spice chia bread and I can't wait to make it again! Let me know how you guys liked it and if you made any changes!!

Stay hungry my friends...

Ray B.  

No comments