S'mores Oatmeal


I really wanted something warm, gooey, and cozy this morning for breakfast! I thought about all the local places I could go but that would have required me to put on real clothes and brush my hair... lazy Sunday was in full effect. I thought maybe pancakes, but I didn't feel like making oat flour and didn't want to use a real recipe, I thought waffles, but remembered my waffle maker is in Cincinnati already. 

BINGO!  I saw I had some instant oats, a tablespoon of cocoa powder left, 4 pieces of graham crackers, and 4 marshmallows. Talk about clutch in the kitchen. This oatmeal was so comforting, warm, super gooey, and really easy to make! This recipe is for making in the microwave not stove top, but it is essentially the same way.

By the way I did not use any additional sweeteners for this recipe the oatmeal was sweet enough from the choc chips and marshmallow. Plus, the pinch of salt helped enhance the flavor as well!

Here's how I made it:

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup of quick/instant oats
1 cup of water
1/2 tablespoon of cocoa powder 
1 tablespoon semi sweet chocolate chips 
a pinch of salt 
1 full piece of graham crackers 
4 large marshmallows 

DIRECTIONS: 

1. Combine 1/2 cup of oats and 1 cup of water and heat in microwave 1 1/2 - 2 minutes or until its the thickness you like! 

2. Be careful your bowl will be hot, use a hot pot holder to remove from microwave! Mix in cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and salt. Let sit.

3. Put marshmallows on stick (wooden or metal) and heat over stove until marshmallows puff up and brown. Place on top of oatmeal then sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over marshmallows and top with a few chocolate chips. 

4. MARSHMALLOW MODIFICATION. If you don't feel comfortable cooking marshmallows over the stove, place them on top of cooked oatmeal and heat in the microwave for 15-30 seconds until they puff up. 

5. ENJOY!! 
 
 
I hope you like this oatmeal as much as I did!!

Stay hungry my friends...

Ray B.

No comments