Apple Pie Pancakes

It's finally fall y'all and I love just about anything spiced. Now I love pumpkin spice just as much as the next person, but all these apples are on point this time of year, and Sweetango Apples are finally in Cincy, so it's only fitting I make apple pie pancakes right?  I also didn't want to go to the grocery store and buy anything, so I just used what I already had in my kitchen.






These Apple Pie pancakes are everythang, moist, sweet, tangy, and honestly heartwarming. I topped these yummy pancakes with a salted caramel sauce. What's awesome about these pancakes and the topping... they are completely DAIRY FREE! I used almond milk in both, the salted caramel sauce recipe will be posted shortly!

Here's how I made them:

Ingredients
1 Cup of Flour (you can use whole wheat flour also)
1 Egg
3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Cup of Almond Milk
2 Tablespoons Oil (or applesauce for a healthier version)
1 egg 
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 Tablespoon Apple Pie Spice
½ Large Apple (I prefer Sweetango)

Directions:

1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, apple pie spice, and salt in a bowl.
2. Chop apples into small bitesize pieces.
3. In another bowl, mix together almond milk, oil and egg.
4. Add flour, egg mix, and stir. Once combined add in small bite size apple pieces.
5. Cook pancakes on medium heat, flip once edges start to bubble up.

6.  Top with syrup, whip cream, or caramel.  


Stay hungry my friends...

Ray B. 

No comments