Parmesan Crusted Asparagus

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
 So my mom was so clutch last week! I had chicken in the freezer and mixed spring arugula mix in the fridge, but if you know me you know I have to be slightly more fancy than baked chicken and a salad. My mom had some asparagus and decided I needed it and boy was she right. Again, as with most recipes I'm too lazy to leave the house to go get extra ingredients. I always have Panko and Parmesans cheese on hand so I whipped a few thangs together.



 The kicker to this recipe is the tablespoon of lemon juice I added. I'm starting to realize how just a little bit of lemon juice can completely change a recipe. What's also great about this recipe is that it only took about 15 minutes to cook and about 10 minutes to prepare. I cooked mine in a cast iron skillet but a baking sheet will work just fine.

Here's how I made it:

Ingredients:

15-20 Stalks of Asparagus (the normal amount they sell in at the store)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1/4 Cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
Salt and Pepper To Taste

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place asparagus on in skillet or on lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Cover asparagus with Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Gently mix the stalks until they are all evenly coated.
4. Sprinkle panko bread crumbs over asparagus with a little more Parmesan cheese.
5. Place in oven for 15 minutes or until topping is slightly brown.
6. Remove from oven and let cool. If you are using a pan to cook the asparagus it will stay hotter much longer than a baking sheet so be careful!

Stay hungry my friends...

Ray B. 

No comments