Funfetti Pancakes


I've been craving pancakes for awhile now and this Sunday I actually had time to make them, the prep is super easy and fast. The product is the best pancakes you've ever tasted. I mean... for real... you'll never need to go to IHOP again.  This is def going in the new  'Cheat Day Meals' Tab! Don't worry I'm creating a protien baked donut recipe with plenty funfetti in it, that'll be up later this week!

Similar to the Pink Lemonade Margarita Waffles I made a few weeks ago you'll also use boxed cake mix. The pancakes are already pretty sweet so I didn't want to use a powdered sugar based frosting or syrup. Instead I made my on whip cream frosting from heavy whipping cream, a tablespoon of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of almond extract, I whipped it until peaks formed then put in the fridge until my pancakes were done!

These pancakes were perfect, I'm talking fluffy, sweet, colorful, and seriously made me do my 'this dish HITS' dance. Sorry guys, only my dog gets to see that!

Here's how I made them:



Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 box Funfetti cake mix
1/3 cup oil
3 eggs
2 1/3 cups almond milk
EXTRA sprinkles 

Click Here For The Whip Cream Recipe: I made it for my Nutella Cheesecake Mousse recipe! 

Directions: 

1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cake mix.
2. In another bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, and milk. Mix both bowls until well combined and there are no more lumps!
3. Heat skillet or griddle to low/medium heat. Spray pan with a non stick spray. Cook pancakes until brown on each side.
4. Let cool a few minutes, add whipped topping to pancakes and SMASH… I mean eat and enjoy!!




 Stay hungry my friends...

Ray B. 

No comments