FLASH RECIPE: Easy Shrimp and Grits

This week I woke up feeling like shrimp and grits for breffis (breakfast, lol)! It's super easy to make but like most people everything comes down to having time to prepare it. Another obstacle I typically face is not having all the ingredients that I need, this particular morning ya girl had everything!



In the grits I put in bacon bits and Colby Jack cheese. I LOVE bacon but I don't always like to fry or bake bacon for that matter. Bacon bits have low key saved my recipes lately another reason I like using bacon bits is that they are lower in calories than using an actual strip of bacon. Since it's real bacon your food still gets all the flavor with less fat and calories in it.

Here's how I made it:

Ingredients
5-7 deveined raw shrimp
3 tablespoons of grits
3/4 cup of water
1/2 tablespoon of Cajun Seasoning
1/2 tablespoon of Mesquite seasoning (I used McCormicks)
2 tablespoons shredded cheese of your choice
1 tablespoon of bacon bits

Directions:

1. Boil water for grits, add in about 1 teaspoon of salt, then add in bacon bits as water boils. Cook grits as stated on directions. Once grits have cooked add in shredded cheese, cover and let sit.
2. Wash off shrimp. Pat dry.
3. Add in Cajun and Mesquite seasoning coat all pieces of shrimp evenly.
4. Heat a nonstick pan on medium. Add in shrimp one piece at a time and cook on each side until they are bright pink.
5. Place grits in bowl, pour shrimp and juice over grits. You can top with more cheese, add some paprika or parsley over it for a little extra flavor!

Now if you really want to get fancy you can always add in some pepper jack cheese or use some smoked gouda! You could also cook some extra bacon bits with the shrimp then top the grits... matter of fact I may just do that next time with some onions and bell peppers...

So as you can see I often get off on creative food tangents, but when you luh food as much as I do you can't help it. Enjoy this recipe and let me know if you try anything new with this recipe!

Stay hungry my friends...

Ray B.

3 comments

  1. The thing that most folks don't know is that affection making is essential to manage a relationship. Here is the reason. A lady may not by any stretch of the imagination realize what she truly needs in a beau, however she would without a doubt comprehends what she amid sex. She needs a climax essentially, and notwithstanding that likewise needs to be dealt with like a sex goddess. Couple of men know the genuine mystery to giving a lady both of these things, however taking in the abilities you have to make everything happen for her is less demanding than you may expect. http://www.mordocrosswords.com/2016/11/recipe-direction.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day,

    i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by Dr

    ezomo, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like

    Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and

    never cured me. On my moms birthday November 28 2016, I was browsing through

    the Internet searching for remedy on herpes and i saw comments of people

    talking about how Dr ezomo cured them. when i contacted him he gave me hope

    and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took for two weeks and four days, to

    my greatest surprise it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without

    problem, my herpes result came out negative. I pray for you Dr ezomo, am cured

    you can also get your self cured my friends, if you really need Dr ezomo help

    he can cure what ever symptoms or virus you have within you and he can be

    reached on drezomoherbalclinic24@yahoo.com or whats app his phone number +2349073598657. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete