Welcome Back! A Blog Post To Myself...

(Photo Cred: Briana Janelle)
I don't even know where to start y'all.

I needed a break.

From this blog, from people, from things.

This is the most nondescript blog post I'll likely ever make because that's where my life was for so long. I stopped blogging not because I don't enjoy it but because it became a chore, a job, not my outlet. When I first starting blogging it was all about the food, but these Hungry Girls transformed into the Hungry Homies.

But I personally was hungry for more back then, I just didn't know what I wanted. I knew I had a voice, a story, a mission, but again I didn't know where to find it. So I took a break. I can't lie this break took FARRRRR longer than I ever expected, but such is life.



My story involves lots of happiness, discovering new and old friendships, getting closer to my family, as well as sadness, dark times, self doubt, and being scared as hell for what my future held for me. One of my biggest things moving forward is my transparency with you. During these times I tend to resort to my old ways and internalize everything, thinking I'm being a burden to my friends when I vent because they have their own stuff going on. I literally wanted to go back to the old Ray, the Ray that would just curl into a ball and Netflix and Cry. But Nah. I'm a G. G's don't cry over spilled milk, maybe spilled Hennessy, but not milk. But, during this time I also slowly started to realize I'm really not by myself and that there are so many people like me male and female. So I'm here for y'all too.

Beyond blogging my full time gig is running my own social and digital media company, BallR Media, I've been in biz over a year now and this shit is HARD. Let. Me. Tell. You! There are so many people you think are going to be great and there are just terrible. There were so many companies I just knew would work out for me and they didn't. This is what I've learned...

What's for me is for me. 

This goes for all aspects of life and is one of the hardest lessons I'm learning. I mean you look online and you see people doing all things you want to do right now. Then you realize they are like 23-25 years old and you're like damn, I'm almost 30, WTF? Yea, don't fall for the trap. That's their journey and the roadblocks they've faced is also their journey. 

With that being said I plan to write about my life and my loves (food, sneakers, other cool stuff). Follow me y'all, this is going to be a wild ride...

Stay hungry my friends...

Young Ray 

1 comment

  1. Good day,

    i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by Dr

    ezomo, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like

    Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and

    never cured me. On my moms birthday November 28 2016, I was browsing through

    the Internet searching for remedy on herpes and i saw comments of people

    talking about how Dr ezomo cured them. when i contacted him he gave me hope

    and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took for two weeks and four days, to

    my greatest surprise it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without

    problem, my herpes result came out negative. I pray for you Dr ezomo, am cured

    you can also get your self cured my friends, if you really need Dr ezomo help

    he can cure what ever symptoms or virus you have within you and he can be

    reached on drezomoherbalclinic24@yahoo.com or whats app his phone number +2349073598657. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete